Since inception the Berks Alliance has learned, observed and experience a great deal about Community Development. Among the lessons learned:
- Community development is not easy. It requires substantial effort across a sustained period of time
- Collaboration isn’t easy. It’s important to do a lot of listening. Yet, collaboration is essential.
- Not everyone will agree 100% of the time. However, a lot can be accomplished if the focus is on the things at can be agreed upon.
- Investors and advocates will come and go over time. But, through sustained commitment and focus a great deal can be accomplished.
- A small group of people can make a difference.